Learn more about Democracy Volunteers
The Democracy Volunteers' School is designed to deliver high quality courses about various aspects of the electoral process and election observation. Citizen participation in election observation helps maintain, and improve, the standard of electoral processes across the world and strengthens democracy.
It is our goal that domestic election observation becomes normalised for voters - allowing them to challenge authority and the electoral process in a productive fashion.
We believe after completing our 'How to become a Short Term Observer and take part in your first observation' course you will have all of the skills you need to join Democracy Volunteers on one of our many missions.
We will shortly be uploading new courses including:
- How to become a Long Term Observer - The wider framework and context of elections.
- How to observe the verification and counting process in England
- How to observer the verification and counting process in devolved elections
- Specific courses for deployments abroad
- An overview of electoral systems and their interaction with observation